Dementia and Alzheimer’s Care
There are times when home is no longer an option for your loved one. Avon, Ohio’s leading specialized care facility, Avon Place, offers specialized care for individuals experiencing the challenges that come with dementia. Our expert dementia care brings together our medical, nursing, therapy and activities staff to maximize cognitive and physical function while minimizing unwelcome behaviors. Avon Place cares for people with all stages, from those just beginning to show signs, to those exhibiting more advanced symptoms of Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
At Avon Place, our team provides people with memory loss and Alzheimer’s disease with the highest-quality dementia care. You can, on an ongoing basis, feel confident that your loved one is getting the attention they deserve. In order for every individual to live a meaningful, independent and productive life, we develop care plans that create a home-like setting and include activities that celebrate life stories, encourage involvement and invigorate individuals’ minds.
We are aware of the challenges dementia poses for individuals and their families and are here to help overcome them and see that everyone is safe and constantly stimulated.
Unparalleled Clinical Expertise
We often care for individuals that have come to us with medical needs that require special expertise and a higher level of care. An integral part of our comprehensive model of care includes being able to tend to a range of medically complex situations.
Other areas of expertise include:
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Medically Complex
- Wound Management
- Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
- IV Therapies
- Diabetes Management
- Pain Management
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- IV Medication titration
- 24/7 skilled nursing professionals
- In-House Physicians
- Certified Nurse Practitioner on-site
- Therapy 7 days/week – no downtime
- Large therapy gym with state-of-the-art technologies and equipment
- High therapist to assistant ratios to provide the attention necessary for better outcomes
- Occupational kitchen to restore activities of daily living
- Registered Dietician for enhanced nutritional care
- Rapid Response Teams
- Professionals on-site for resident emotional concerns and family support